Code of Conduct
A primary goal of RECKON 2.0 is to be inclusive to the largest number of contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to provide a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our event, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all those who participate in RECKON 2.0 to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
2. Open Culture Citizenship
A supplemental goal of this Code of Conduct is to increase open culture citizenship by encouraging participants to recognize and strengthen the relationships between our actions and their effects on our event.
If you see someone who is making an extra effort to ensure our event is welcoming, friendly, and encourages all participants to contribute to the fullest extent, we want to know.
3. Expected Behavior
The following behaviors are expected and requested from all event members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this event.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before the conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Remember that event venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
4. Unacceptable Behavior
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable during the course of event:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of event, including talks and presentations.
5. Weapons Policy
No weapons will be allowed at RECKON events, event spaces, or in other spaces covered by the scope of this Code of Conduct. Weapons include but are not limited to guns, explosives (including fireworks), and large knives such as those used for hunting or display, as well as any other item used for the purpose of causing injury or harm to others. Anyone seen in possession of one of these items will be asked to leave immediately, and will only be allowed to return without the weapon. Event members are further expected to comply with all state and local laws on this matter.
6. Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any event member, including collaborators and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a event member engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the event without warning (and without refund in the case of a paid event).
7. Reporting Guidelines
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a event organizer as soon as possible. (Contact Number for Reporting: 9166048255)
Additionally, event organizers are available to help event members engage with local law enforcement or to otherwise help those experiencing unacceptable behavior feel safe. In the context of in-person events, organizers will also provide escorts as desired by the person experiencing distress.
8. Addressing Grievances
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify RECKON - Core Team with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be handled in accordance with our existing governing policies.
We expect all event participants (contributors, paid or otherwise; sponsors; and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all event venues–online and in-person–as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to event business.
This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of event activities when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of event members.
10. Contact info
Event members can contact the following in case of any emergency:
Mr Himanshu Dayma - +91 9166048255
11. License and attribution
This Code of Conduct is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
Revision 2.2. Posted 6 March 2017.
Revision 2.1. Posted 4 February 2015.
Revision 2.0, adopted by the Stumptown Syndicate board on 10 January 2013. Posted 17 March 2013.